Call for Papers 2016 – Volume 3
Contingent Horizons is York University’s student journal of anthropology. We aim to showcase scholarly and creative works of academic excellence by undergraduate and graduate students. We invite prospective contributors to submit their original, unpublished works for publication in our third volume. All contributions will be academically peer-reviewed, and selected submissions will be published online with complimentary print copies provided to the authors.
We encourage the submission of original works that pertain to the discipline of anthropology, including but not limited to: ethnographies, literature reviews, research papers, creative writing, and photo essays. Anthropology majors and non-majors are encouraged to submit their work.
Works will be selected based upon:
– Originality of work
– Relevance to anthropology
– Organization, quality and clarity of writing
We are also looking for students to write brief book reviews of anthropological or ethnographic works published between 2014 – 2015. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
DEADLINE for submissions is December 15, 2015.
- Please review the publication guidelines at www.contingenthorizons.com/publication-guidelines before submission.
- Works should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SUBMISSION”. You must also provide an abstract (maximum 150 words) and information about your current education level (e.g.: undergraduate student) and institution (if applicable).
- All works will be peer-reviewed and those who are selected will be notified by e-mail in mid-January 2015.
- Contributors will have the opportunity to revise their papers before publication.
- Submissions are limited to one per author
To see our previous volumes please visit: www.contingenthorizons.com